Times are changing and so are the spending patterns of consumers. With more people relying on the opinion of trusted sources such as friends and connections within social networks, a new breed of consumer has arisen. The social consumer.
With this in mind, an event organized by The Pivot Conference entitled ‘The Rise Of The Social Consumer’ will be taking place on October 17th and October 18th at the Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, New York.
The conference is being billed as a story arc told with a beginning, middle and end. Encompassing a journey that travels the paths Social Consumers use to make decisions and how they establish relationships with friends, like-minded people, and the companies that capture their attention.
Brian Solis, the man behind the event and Pivot Editorial Director has spent years of work with leading brands and agencies and is based on consumer, media, and business research within this role.
The event will kick off with a session to introduce the concept of the social consumer and will follow with discussions on some of the following topics:
- A New Definition of Personal Identity
- Are Ads Obsolete? Is Banner Blindness Contagious?
- A New Era of Word of Mouth: Designing Customer Experiences
- Genius in the Age of Enlightenment
- Inside: The First Social Movie
- The Rise and Fall of Marketing Dictatorships
- There’s an App for That! Designing Experiences for the 3rd Screen
- You Can’t be Customer-Centric if You Don’t Know What Customers Want: Designing Shareable Experiences
- Doing Facebook Marketing Right: A Facebook Perspective
- Building a New Infrastructure to Engage
In my opinion, this could be an historic event as it is the first event of its kind to address the change in consumer attitudes towards social shopping pinpointing the how’s and why’s to reach and more specifically, engage, with social consumers.
- The Pivot Story Arc (briansolis.com)
- Pivot Study Shows There’s Life Outside of Facebook (marketingpilgrim.com)