The answers were provided by Eyal Reich, COO, StoreYa.
- What is the format that merchants can upload their product catalogs to their Facebook store?
Merchants can upload products to their store using API, CSV or manually.
- Can this be an automated upload?
If you use the API, the upload will be automated. If you use CSV uploading will be semi-automated. We also enable manual upload of products.
- Do you give merchants the ability to run group offers from their Facebook store?
Merchants can offer discounts limited for Fans who “Like” their page.
- Can stores be setup to enable shoppers to checkout within Facebook?
All transactions occur outside of Facebook.
- Can stores be setup to enable shoppers to checkout and redirect to the merchants’ webstore?
Yes! We see this as an advantage for the web store to be able to use its secured checkout and control its transactions from its end.
- Is it possible to search the entire product catalog within Facebook?
Yes. We offer that kind of search as well as filters by categories and/ or prices.
- What is your pricing model?
Early adapters who will join us during our Beta phase will be getting our service for free for as long as we run our Beta. Once notified that the Beta is over, everyone will be getting additional 30 days of free trial.
After the free trial our monthly costs are going to vary according to store’s number of products:
i. $10 for a store of up to 500 products;
ii. $15 for a store of up to 1,000 products;
iii. $20 for a store of up to 5,000 products.
iv. More than 5,000 products – will be dealt with personally.
- Do you enable 3rd party integrations? For example Magento / e-Bay etc?
Yes! We enable Magento and are scheduled to offer more integrations shortly.
- What is the level of social interaction on the product catalog? For example share/like/rate/comment etc.
Users can comment, like, share and send any specific product or the entire store. We are seeing specific products becoming an additional wall with all the comments gained, which is, of course, the pure essence of F-Commerce – driving fans’ friends through their engagements.
- Do you offer any tools for merchants to promote their Facebook storefronts?
We offer a unique marketing tool enabling merchants to target live potential customers from the entire Facebook network (and not just from their group of fans).